If you’re like me, you’ve likely seen this oil and went hmmmm…. now what is this good for?! To be truthful, I didn’t have an answer to that either when I first started using oils. I really relied on my resource books to be able to guide me. Of course, I had to have ALL the oils, so not having it wasn’t an option. I knew it smelled good – kind of fruity, but not in an overpowering way. But what was it FOR?!
As it turns out, Bergamot has some really amazing emotional cleansing properties – it’s actually a really great oil for stress and general feelings of sadness. Bergamot is a citrus oil, and just like we know about citrus oils, they’re extremely uplifting to the mood. That’s not to say that Bergamot can only be used for the emotional self, but there’s strong support that cleansing out deep emotional gunk and elevating the mood is this guy’s (or gal’s) specialty!
On an emotional level from the Emotions and Essential Oils book, Bergamot has a cleansing effect on stagnant feelings and limiting belief systems. Bergamot is wonderful for those who feel down and hopeless as it awakens the soul to hope and offers courage to share the inner self. Bergamot can address feelings of low self-esteem, self-judgement, being unlovable or hopeless. Try combating these feelings by putting Bergamot in your diffuser or wearing a drop over your heart (see the UV caution at the bottom of this post).
Want some more great ways to use Bergamot in the diffuser and even some additional ways to use this oil in your home? Check out my Pinterest board for all things Bergamot!
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser.
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
- Apply to the feet before bedtime for a sense of calm and harmony
- Mixes well with Lavender, Patchouli, Lime, and Arborvitae
- Diffuse for a sense of self confidence
- Apply topically to sooth joint issues and muscle cramps
- Apply topically to the chest for respiratory support
- Apply diluted to affected skin areas to help soothe breakouts and skin irritations
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.